Indie Girl & Pop Boy

We Need A Little Edge With Our Electro Pop

Monday, October 17, 2005

Indie Girl does Goldfrapp


Indie Girl took a little trip down to Newcastle this week for a nice healthy injection of Goldfrapp into my Saturday night. I will now list the highlights and lowlights of an electro-filled night.


Highlights:

  • Getting an amazing spot in the crowd after thinking I would get a shit one. I didn’t get in early yet somehow managed to get right to the barrier.
  • The lighting during the whole gig, but especially the start. Psychedelic flowers danced over the ceiling as the fans blew Alison’s hair and made her appear angelic matching those high notes of “Utopia.”
  • Alison going mad with the theremin during Train. Her face was manic as she focused on it and played with her hand, and famously using her crotch as well.
  • The spiffing bass guitar being used. Me wanty. (despite the fact I couldn’t play it if I tried) It was clear but had a coating of multicoloured glitter. Ace!
  • Alison stomping around the stage in her boots pouting. She manages to look amazing even when resembling a four year old in Toys ‘R’ Us. It was good marching.
  • Alison robot dancing. Need I say more? It was robot dancing!
  • The inclusion of “Beautiful” in the set. Cruelly cut from the final cut of the latest album despite being a great song. I was also feeling slightly smug knowing the words while others around me looked clueless. God, I’m such a loser.
  • The fact that Alison spoke a wee bit. Saying “thank you” and also a few wee other things saying she “hope she sees us again.” Meaning she didn’t completely hate us. Someone over on the Goldfrapp boards who met her afterwards has mentioned she had said it went well.
  • Alison’s salute at the end! Loved it. I even did one back. I wonder if she saw. I don’t know if I wish she had or she hadn’t to be honest.
  • The general sexiness of the gig. The whole thing was like a big musical aphrodisiac.

    Lowlights:
  • The noisy chimneys beside me. I went up to the barrier and there was only one of them until her bolshy friends that stunk of nicotine came and repeatedly tried to push me out the way from my idyllic spot. They lit up during every slow song and blew the smoke in my face.
  • The rudeness of the crowd during slower tracks. Especially the ones they don’t recognise, namely from “Felt Mountain” They didn’t recognise the songs so they chattered away. Horrid.
  • The drunk girl that pushed people out the way and wouldn’t leave. She had to be kicked out but I did have an amusing bitch about her with lad next to me.
  • The lack of horsey dancers. I knew they were at other dates but I guess you can’t have everything.
  • The fact I didn’t have enough money for an "Ooh La La" t-shirt. 15 bloody quid. The live CDs were also pricey at £20. It may not sound much to you but I’m a poor teen!

    And there you have it! Indie Girl’s review of her second ever gig. I’d like to take he last opportunity to give a little shout out to Jools/Jules who was standing behind me and introduced himself at the end of the gig. If you are reading, it was cool meeting you and please leave a comment or something.

1 Comments:

  • At 12:38 pm, October 20, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Hmmm.

    I thought indiegirl had been to see the scissor sisters a fair few times before.

    I loved goldfrapp they rocked my little socks off.

    J

     

Post a Comment

<< Home