Indie Girl & Pop Boy

We Need A Little Edge With Our Electro Pop

Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Indie Girl Does Franz Ferdinand


Last Wednesday, Indie Girl took a little trip over to Glasgow to see some band, Franz Ferdinand I think they were called. Yes, that was it. And I was there along with another 9,499 crazed fans.

Firstly, the night in numbers…

3: Number of times I was covered in beer,
3: Number of official Franz Ferdinand snap bracelets bought.
4: Number of Franz badges that I purchased
2: Number of Support acts that went on far too long
2: Number of cups of Irn Bru purchased during the support acts
2: Number of times I was almost deafened
2: Number of times I shouted “BOB!”
17: Number of songs played (I think…)
3: Number of hours spent in the hall before Franz actually came on.
2: Number of band members that climbed onto the speaker and gave me a fabulous photo! (maybe, we'll have to see when they get developed)

Now I will give the night in highlights and lowlights...

Highlights:

  • The people around me. They didn’t jump around at all, most of them were just mothers with their children who dragged them away before the encore. And a couple who snogged during fast songs.. whatever. They didn't annoy me that much.
  • The amazing reception to Do You Want To! It was the stomper and it was only played second, I found myself shouting along.
  • Matinee being played after Do You Want To, I was on a high after those two songs. The crowd went mad. Just pure mad! (in a good way)
  • The stage set was amazing, the big screen behind the band was really cool
  • The fact that I am 5ft3 and I could still see through almost the entire show! Amazing!
  • The amazing high I experienced during the concert. So exhilarating and fun. I wonder if drugs are that good?

Lowlights:

  • The support acts. They were on for so bloody long! The Rakes are alright but not next to a speaker. Me and my friend had to do for chips and an irn bru during Editors.
  • Franz weren’t on until ten after two long hours of supports and general waiting.
  • The horrid low I experienced during the supports. I just wanted to go home.
  • The fact that I had an exam the next day. Boo!

And a few other notes, never wear a scarf in a hot hall during an entire gig. It’s quite a bad idea. And! Bob Hardy! My new favourite member for no particular reason at all, I even started to write a song but didn’t get very far.

Here it is anyway:
I love Bob! He is ace!
I love Bob! He plays bass! Rah!

2 Comments:

  • At 8:24 pm, November 29, 2005, Blogger Pop Boy said…

    teehee

    Irn Bru - you're so Scottish. And that's why i love you.

     
  • At 10:36 pm, November 29, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You thought the support acts were bad there, you should've been at Pixies T On The Fringe in August... 3 support bands, something like 4/5 hours before the main event.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home