Indie Girl & Pop Boy

We Need A Little Edge With Our Electro Pop

Sunday, November 06, 2005

Madonna Leaks Even More

Ooh, someone’s going to get fired!

"What The Fuck Do You Think You're Doing?!?" indeed.

It seems that Madonna has leaked even more. Oh dear. She will not be a happy bunny but if she was to get off her backside and check out the reception on the internet instead of shutting sites down then she’d see that the album is being received warmly by most people.

Now, I will go through writing my opinions of each track as if someone a rat's arse what I actually think of this record.

The album opens with 2005’s disco anthem Hung Up. The radio edit does not do this song justice! The thumping build up sounds fantastic on your stereo on even your ipod. This moves into the eurodisco smoothness of Get Together.

Then! The best track of the whole frickin’ thing! This is Sorry and it is marvellous! And no Madge, we haven’t “heard it all before” and this is brilliance. And loned up to be the next single which I am ecstatic about.

Next we have the talking build up of Future Lovers until it blasts into your ears in all it’s glory. Then we blend into I Love New York which despite it’s atrocious lyrics (notably “other cities make me feel like a dork” and “just go to Texas, isn’t that where they golf?”) which some people have criticised and wrote off the song for, I think it’s wonderful!

Let It Will Be is the next track, which doesn’t stomp in your face but boogies along at a slower and smoother pace. Another interesting slower track next with Forbidden Love. Which is not as manic as the other songs it’s placed with.

Jump is the next track and many have called this the best of the entire album (which I disagree with) but it doesn’t stop it being a 3.46 long gathering of pure pop loveliness. I think that sums that one up completely.

How High follows on from this and I must admit I’m not impressed. I get bored listening to this track and it seems highly unimaginative and quite boring. This is followed by the oddball track of the album… religious chants and electro disco in juxtaposition? Who the hell would’ve thought it would work? I think Madonna keeping this track rather calm makes it work. Issac being a stomper could have killed the track.

The last two tracks are yet to make an impression on me. I’m fairly exhausted after listening to the madness that is ‘Confessions On A Dancefloor’ so I will have to listen more.

Overall, "Confessions" is poptastic, gay club heaven. And listening to it gives me wondrous feelings of standing in the middle of Times Square, New York City, madness surrounding me and hearing this album pumping into my ears. It gives an exhilarating city feel and I like it.

PS: I have no idea what Pop Boy thinks of it because he can’t form an opinion as he is being a good little pop boy and refusing to download it. Madge would be proud dear. Expect a review from him around November 14th...

Now, who’s going to ‘confess’ to downloading it?

[PB:- If you want a sneaky download to 'Push' to wet your appetite, Jessica has posted it here. I am still resisting. That is all.]

3 Comments:

  • At 4:22 am, November 06, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    oh i found the album but not the last track! I don't suppose you could email it on down to Oz? I like this album a lot more than i want to...

    afineboy@hotmail.com

     
  • At 12:01 pm, November 06, 2005, Blogger Pop Boy said…

    Pop Boy is waiting until it is released because he was morals, and he's already downloaded way too much stuff this month.

    And it will make the album so much more triumphant when I firts hear it in full when it's blasting out of my sound system speakers and unbelievable volume keeping the whole of Telford awake.

     
  • At 6:00 pm, November 06, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    I havent heard it, but one of my friends has. Said it was OK, but nowhere near as good as she used to be.
    Myself, the last Madonna song I really liked was Frozen. Since then I've gone a bit off her.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home