Indie Girl & Pop Boy

We Need A Little Edge With Our Electro Pop

Wednesday, December 28, 2005

The Cream Of The Crop In 2005

Me and Pop Boy will know give our expert opinion on what both of us think are the best 25 singles of 2005.

Who do you agree with? If either of us at all, perhaps you think we're talking bile. Give your opinions!

Anyway. Without further ado, here is my top 25.

1. Scissor Sisters – Filthy/Gorgeous
2. Franz Ferdinand – Do You Want To?
3. Goldfrapp – Ooh La La
4. Madonna – Hung Up
5. Rufus Wainwright – The One You Love
6. The Killers – Mr Brightside
7. Kaiser Chiefs – Oh My God
8. Art Brut – Emily Kane
9. Fischerspooner – Never Win
10. Girls Aloud – Biology
11. Patrick Wolf – The Libertine
12. Rachel Stevens - I Said Never Again (But Here We Are)
13. Will Young – Switch It On
14. Futureheads – Hounds Of Love
15. Kt Tunstall – Suddenly I See
16. Arctic Monkeys – I Bet You Look Good On The Dancefloor
17. Editors – Blood
18. The Rakes - Retreat
19. Maximo Park – Apply Some Pressure
20. Gwen Stefani - Cool
21. My Chemical Romance – I’m Not OK (I Promise)
22. Bloc Party – So Here We Are
23. Antony and the Johnsons – Hope There’s Someone
24. The Strokes – Juicebox
25. The Departure – Lump In My Throat

Pop Boy will be posting his list as soon as he has returned from the panto and compiled the final cut.

PB: Here is my/the definitive top 25 singles of 2005:

01. Gwen Stefani - Cool
02. Rachel Stevens - I Said Never Again (But Here We Are)
03. Britney - Do Somethin'
04. Audio Bullys - Shot You Down
05. Maximo park - Graffiti
06. Girls Aloud - Biology
07. Annie - Heartbeat
08. Kelly Clarkson - Since U Been Gone
09. Madonna - Hung Up
10. Arctic Monkeys - Bet You Look On The Dancefloor
11. Girls Aloud - Wake Me Up
12. Rachel Stevens - Negotiate With Love
13. Goldfrapp - Oh La La
14. Gwen Stefani - Hollaback Girl
15. KT Tunstall - Suddenly I See
16. Goldfrapp - Number One
17. Tony Christie - (Is This The Way To) Amarillo
18. Gorillaz - DARE
19. Charlotte Church - Crazy Chick
20. Franz Ferdinand - Do You Want To?
21. Amerie - 1 Thing
22. Scissor Sisters - Filthy/Gorgeous
23. Snoop Dogg ft. Justin Timberlake - Signs
24. John Legend - Ordinary People
25. Gorillaz - Feel Good Inc.

1 Comments:

  • At 11:02 am, January 04, 2006, Blogger Adrian said…

    Pop Boy: John Legend? Are you mad?!

    Hurrah for Indie Girl for remembering that 2005 was Filthy/Gorgeous. That song provided the soundtrack to my first half of the year - long live the Ana spoken bit.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home