Indie Girl & Pop Boy

We Need A Little Edge With Our Electro Pop

Saturday, May 20, 2006

Back! And Talking About Eurovision...

Hi there. I'd like to write a small piece (long enough to explain myself but short enough so I don't bore you.) as to why i've not been posting. Well, it's all down to lack of inspiration. For the past little while, I feel that music hasn't been interesting me as much due to lack of good stuff out there. I've been bored and clueless over what to write about and I just felt that there was no point in posting any old crap to fill your Indie Girl and Pop Boy (well, he's been posting actually) needs.

But! I will try to keep up to speed and write about any pop/indie goodness that I find to try and save us all in these slightly bleak times.

So! I will now talk about a small list of songs that should've made it through the Eurovision semi final but didn't because Europe seem to have absolutely no taste in choosing good pop music whatsoever meaning that these three rather good songs were unfairly discarded from the competition.


Anzej Dezan - Mr. Nobody

I'm very annoyed Anzej didn't make it through the semi-final. His song was the first song I had actually liked on the night. Fair enough, I don't really have a clue what he's saying at all but I was totally won over by the electro effects going on on the chorus. Oh, and he seemed rather lovely and cute when Paddy O'Connell interviewed him. Poor Anzej.

Kate Ryan - Je T'Adore

Like a europop Rachel Stevens song sung by Tanya Turner herself, I loved this song the minute I heard it. Pop perfection complete with leg swing, this was one of the favourites to win the entire thing before the Eastern block lost their good taste in music. She also wins points for saying that swedish entrant Carola and greek entrant Anna Vissi "must be at least 45, perhaps even 50!" on the BBC Three coverage. Hehe.

Silvia Night - Congratulations

A crazy swearing nutbox of a media characature that the competition will be duller without. Silvia Night is played by an actress and sung a tongue-in-cheek arrogant song that sounds a tad Britney-esque. She even went to the effort of not shouting "i'll fucking win!" as part of the lyrics like she normally does and yet, it seems the entire continent lost their sense of humour and voted the charming bitch out. Bye bye Silvia. I'll miss you on Saturday.

3 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home