Indie Girl & Pop Boy

We Need A Little Edge With Our Electro Pop

Saturday, May 27, 2006

Confusion!

Indie Girl watching Popworld?
Pop Boy jizzing over indie bands like Men, Women & Children?
Indie Girl writing about Eurovision?
Pop Boy going to see Little Man Tate and The Cribs live?

It all seems a bit jumbled doesn't it?

Yes, I did go see Little Man Tate and The Cribs live. And they were ace. But you see, Little Man Tate, are extremely cool and really rather poppish and skitty. And the Cribs sing 'Hey! Scenesters!' which makes them OK in my books.

But last night I put everything in balance. I went to a pop concert. But not just any pop concert. THE pop concert. Of the millenium (maybe). I went to see Girls Aloud in the Chemistry tour. And I bought wristbands. And badges. And a t-shirt.

Ovbviously the show was ace. They did a cover of 'I Predict A Riot' and in that one foul swoop were able to make one of the biggest bands of last year look totally irrelevant. Then, in what must be one of the most 'aware' things they've ever done, they did a musical medley of 'Fame'/'What A Feeling'/'Footloose'. That was ace. Except the people of Birmingham are all losers and no-one danced so I felt like a fool doing it alone. I was even restrained through 'Love Machine', which killed me.

Anyway, point is, Pop Boy is on study leave now and never ever has to go to school ever again (except for exams) and has a lot time of his hands with which to write about pop. And also, Pop Boy is back in love with pop music. I bought the Pet Shop Boys' new album too, so expect a review some time in the coming week.

2 Comments:

  • At 2:39 am, May 29, 2006, Blogger Gareth said…

    I was at the concert and yes, the audience were frustratingly shit. I can't believe I was made to feel silly and guilty for dancing - which I only plucked un enough courage to do during the very last song.

    If (and I hope it's "when") there's a next tour, they should divide the seating into disabled/dull bastards who are quite content listening to ridiculously danceable music whilst seated, and better folk.

     
  • At 3:02 am, May 29, 2006, Blogger Indie Girl said…

    May I say, I can write about what I jolly well like! The indie girl and pop boy thing... they're gimmicky names. It's quite obvious that you like a bit of the indie and very much enjoy the pop as well! I'd hate to be an indie snob. God, I hate them.

    And it's the point of this blog, we're not conventional. We'll write about any old shit at a time that suits us. We just write about what we like what we don't...trying to let you know about ANY decent music we can find at the moment (i'm trying my hardest, friends... I really am)

    And yes, I hate underenthusiastic crowds at gigs. I've only experienced this in a small amount during a Goldfrapp concert when they play songs from Felt Mountain and people just stand there and sometimes start talking over the song which is just plain fucking rude. And also i've experienced this at comedy. Damn you audience on the dress circle at Edinburgh Festival Theatre on the 25th for the Boosh for making me feel like a twat for LAUGHING at a comedy gig. Everyone around me were looking at me like I was an idiot for laughing at something funny. And none of the bastards stood up for the encore and then I couldn't because i'd look stupid. I hate people like that.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home