Indie Girl & Pop Boy

We Need A Little Edge With Our Electro Pop

Monday, June 12, 2006

Pop Boy Needs You

At the end of July, Pop Boy is travelling to the dance music capital of the world, Ibiza. As the Venga Boys sung, "Whoa, we're going to Ibiza". But, being a Pop Boy means that I don't really know dance music. I know dance pop, but I don't know strictly dance music. This means that when I get to Ibiza I won't know what is cool and what is crap, what I should the floor with glow sticks and fluorescent body paint for, and what I should stand against the wall for. And it could create an embarrassing situation. So, the point is, I need you beautiful people to tell me what I'll be dancing to. Point me in the right direction to this summer's biggest and bestest dance choons.

Also, the sun is shining. This is good. But Pop Boy has nothing new and summery to dance to. This is bad. So, what are the bestest summer songs of this summer (this isn't just dance songs). Are you in a band that have recorded the song of the summer? Well, no-one can enjoy it if you don't whisk it over to me and let me write about it can they?

Send anything (even, or especially, abuse) to email address which is in the sidebar somewhere.

2 Comments:

  • At 4:54 pm, June 12, 2006, Blogger Adrian said…

    Ooh, I have some good ones. I love summery songs*. I'll send you them (when I next go indoors long enough to use a computer).

    *By this I mean proper summery tunes not silly things that Colin & Edith can call "the sound of the summer, yah"

     
  • At 1:43 am, June 13, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Anything from these compilation CDs are monster hits in the dance community:


    http://perfectbeat.com/product_info.php?products_id=617465141126

    http://perfectbeat.com/product_info.php?products_id=651249074828

    Hope that helps...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home