Indie Girl & Pop Boy

We Need A Little Edge With Our Electro Pop

Saturday, February 18, 2006

Indie Girl does Goldfrapp (Yes, again!)

"Thanks for not staying in and watching the Brits!"

Well, we weren't missing much Alison.Y'know how it is... it really wasn't difficult to tear myself away from Blunt winning Best Pop Act.

Last night, instead of staying in and watching the frankly dismal Brit Awards, me and a friend went out to see the Frapp. Again, yes. And it was still rocking.

Highlights:
  • The disco lights. Yes again but they once again were fabulous! And they encouraged Alison to start...
  • The stomping and marching! Alison knows how to bust a bloody move. Swinging her head round as well. She's taught me entire new methods of dance.
  • The best songs from Felt Mountain being played. Utopia was great despite the fact that the sound fucked up and Lovely Head was elegant and suave. Partially gald they didn't play Deer Stop due to the unappreciate, drunken crowd.
  • The stompers. Ooh yeah. Ride A White Horse, Ooh La La and Strict Machine. got eveyone dancing, apart from the ones right up on the top circle who quite frankly were to afraid of falling off.
  • The fact that I could see! Hurrah! *hallelujahs all around* It isn't easy being small.
  • Two words. Electric. violin.
  • Alison! She was ever so cheery and happy! And she said Scots crowds were the best... so meh!

Lowlights:

  • Hot Chip. Warning: rant... Words cannot describe how completely terrible this band actually are. Ok, at first they were hilariously bad but after about half an hour of it I could've thrown them from the upper circle. They were on for far too long, they played he same long song about twelve times. They were shit. They held up the 'Frapp. They were shit. I used to like some electroclash and they've made me hate it with all my being, and did I mention that they were shit?
  • Tour t-shirts? £16? I'm poor, for fuck's sake! I practically had to save up for the bloody ticket.
  • Two hours I had to wait. At least. It was ages before they came on during which I had to pay £1.50 for a glass of water and listen to Hot Chip. If that's not Hell, i'm not sure what is.
  • They played a lot of album tracks at the start, alienating some of the crowd at the very start. Though they seemed fairly alienated until they played Ooh La La. Amateur Frappers. Pfft.
  • Did I mention how terrible Hot Chip were???!!11!1!! I can't believe some people were actually buying their album at the merch stall... of course I can't believe anyone might have a diffrent opinion to my own and that everyone must agree because I knows best.

And that is my sum-up of the enigma that is Goldfrapp. Go and see them live. It's very cool. Just make sure the support act are good and/or not Hot Chip.

2 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home