Indie Girl & Pop Boy

We Need A Little Edge With Our Electro Pop

Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Blasting On Indie Girl's Stereo This Week...

Yes, we're here! Pop Boy is just very busy turning 18 at the moment, please leave a message after the beep.

No, no... of course not. I'm just here to spread the wisdom of Indie Girl and share with you what I happen the think is the aces this week. (And truth be told, I wouldn't know about three of these songs if it wasn't for The Mighty Boosh website. So thank you guys...)

Warning: Message may contain emo.

The Modern - Discotheque Francais/Industry
Yes, I know Pop Boy has already been raving about them already but it has taken me this long to discover the disco-dancing electro wonder that is The Modern. Both songs so 80s it really does hurt. He sounds like Simon Le Bon, she sounds like Kylie. All you have to do is close your eyes, imagine it's 1988 and you're listening to this is your funkay bedroom on MTV back when it played music. It's magical stuff and it's so incredably dancable. Visit The Modern On MySpace

Robots In Disguise - Turn It Up
Looking for punky music for a bit of edge but still oozing with all theat electro goodness? Then look no further than The Robots. I found these two via TMB... (Dee of RiD even goes out with Noel Fielding, which pisses me off but I can't really hold a grudge against a small punky yet arty lass who can scream "I am Siouxsie Sioux's granddaughter!!!" in the middle of a street.) and this track is just aceness really. I can't describe further. Quirky aceness. Visit Robots In Disguise On MySpace

Trash Money - Monkey/Lucky
Another find from TMB site. Summery yet sinister guitarband on these two tracks. Especially Lucky... yet because i'm silly my favourite is 'Monkey' simply for the "Monkey see, monkey do... monkey see,monkey dooo!" But definately relaxing in a weird sort of way.
Visit Trash Money On MySpace

Fall Out Boy - Dance, Dance
Yes, I know! It's emo and it's the second Fall Out Boy single i've liked in a row! It's scaring me too... but Dance, Dance just makes you want to... dance! Or throw yourself about a bit... that sort of counts as dancing but it has energy and I like to think it's just a bit of fun listening to them. I'm not turning emo... god forbid. I mean, emo girl doesn't have the same ring to it anyway. And Pop Boy would probably disown me.
Visit Fall Out Boy on MySpace

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home